Sunday, February 8, 2009

Food!


So here is a picture of what I have been living on lately. For the last few weeks I have cut out just about everything trying to clear up the blood that keeps showing up in her diaper. Our pediatrician thinks Layla has some food allergies. I am pretty much eating chicken, veggies and fruit, rice and oatmeal. It hasn't helped at all. So I decided to have some real food this weekend, including a little milk!! Still no change in her diaper. A few have been blood free and a couple have had traces of blood but you really have to look for it to see it. My mom instincts just don't think she has food allergies especially since she has no other symptoms of allergies. Most babies with allergies have eczema and are super fussy because their tummy's are so upset.
Does this look like an unhappy baby to you?

So we will see how eating normal food again goes. I am really hoping it is something she will just outgrow.

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Your baby is so cute. I can't believe how big she has gotten. I hope you guys are doing great!

KAT said...

I am so HUNGRY right now and your salad looks REEEERICIOUS!! I wish I was close by to come & have a couple bites!! I'm sorry the diet didn't help her poop at all...but I'm with you she is one HAPPY baby girl!! Thank goodness...we wouldn't want her in any pain!!!:)

Liz said...

She does look super happy, the dogs must have been walking past. J/K. I hope you find the problem with her pooh so you don't have to save diapers anymore.

Henry Family said...

You are the best Mama ever and Layla is the luckiest girl!! Hang in there! Soon we will be able to go and have a nice big piece of cheesecake with lots of whip cream on top, yummy!

Abbie said...

Wow Layla is so gorgeous and grown up!!! She looks happy and healthy to me :))) xxoooxxoo

My three sons said...

Sorry, I feel like a spy looking at your cute fam and not saying hi! You guys are THE cutest little fam ever and I just knew you would be the best mommy ever even though you said uh uh like 10 years ago!! Your baby is so damn cute and I am so glad to see you and your adorable family so happy!! Good luck with that bloody poop!! Here is a weird gee wizz but my cousin had that and her appendix was on the wrong side...she wasn't sick and the doctors didnt do anything for like 15 years but my 2nd son had a tiny bit of blood and my whole fam was like oh its his appendix for SURE so they ordered an ultrasound and it was nothing and it just went away. Just get a second opinion!
Anyways, I'm an uninvited peeper!
Karen