Saturday, December 6, 2008

A big week

This has been a big week of milestones for our little girl. First off, she is sleeping in her crib..... in her own room. I was so reluctant to get her out of the cradle even thought she was entirely too big for it. I was heartbroken when Juan took it apart. It was very convenient and comforting to have her right there next to me all night. But it really was time and now the cradle is available for the next baby.

Her room is right next door to ours and of course I am in there quite a bit as she learns to sleep in her crib. She is also learning that she doesn't need to nurse so much during the night. I am still working on convincing her of that.

At Layla's 4 month checkup this week, our doctor said that we could start to slowly introduce some rice cereal into her diet. She suggested that we try it for dinner and hopefully fill her belly up enough to get her to start to sleep through the night without waking to nurse. She did such a good job using her tongue and swallowing! She was over it after a few bites but Juan and I were so proud of her.

"ok Mom and Dad. I am ready to try this out!"


"What the....."


"are you sure this is a good idea Daddy?"

5 comments:

Liz said...

She is to freakin cute. I love your captions for her eating. I would say the same thing Layla, What the is this? Love you, you big girl

Joyce said...

I can't believe that she is already old enough for rice cereal! She is so stinkin cute and we need to get together again so I can give her a big hug and kiss!!

Totally Hess said...

Congrats on the crib sleeping! I know its hard, but hopefully she is doing well. She sleeps just like Kelly did - he was always in that touch down position!

I would wait till six months for the cereal/food. It is too much work to feed it to her at this age and I don't think they really need it yet. She gets enough nursing and it is sooo much easier to do!

KAT said...

Just reading about you putting Layla in her crib brings back memories!! That was the worst night EVER for Reed and I!! I loved waking up to her RIGHT at the foot of our bed and hearing every noise she made!! But it is the best thing for them to start liking there cribby!! GOOD JOB on being tuff!! We can't wait too see you guys!!

kEllY said...

She is sooooo adorable!

Moving to the crib is just one of those many milestones that brings tears to my eyes.

I always cried when I put away the very first little clothes my babies grew out of.

Sad times, but what a cute, cute, CUTE baby girl!